I think more than 3 times already I login to my blog but end up didn't write anything. So last Saturday I come up with an idea to ask my friends on instagram for an opinion. Since instagram have the poll on story so I ask for everyone to vote for me to choose the new entry to write on my blog. It was 2017 Best Moment or 2017 Worst Moment. Some of my friends, including my very best friend vote for worst moment but unlucky, best moment wins! Haha
Okay let's get started! xD
1. Early 2017, I have two little teenage cat named Tompok and Gumi which I got from my bff, Lola lalala xp These little cheeky meow has been everyone's favourite at home. They often sleep with me in my room and would wake me up at 4am in the morning every single day. Sometimes they will slept in my sister or my niece room. That time my sis and her family stay at my parent's house. Only after few week, Tompok got into an accident. Poor little guy gone and left his sister alone with us and the other cat at home. Just after she grew up, somebody had stolen Gumi from us. She is indeed a beautiful cat, playful, picky eater and loves sleeping which make everyone's heart melt. I missed them so much!
2. January 6 is my birthday. Last year, I still manage to celebrate my special day with family. No party but just a small celebration only. Lovely and meaningful. Unlike 2018, I celebrate with my 3rd family which is my housemate away from my loving family. *insert crying emoji* Every year, my birthday will be one of my best moment because I feel like it is so special even though there is no huge party or whatsoever but it always remind me that I am the unexpected, gifted born in the family and that is the day I will remember all my sweet memories. This year, I wish to become a better version of myself.
3. In April 2017, my sis in law and my 2nd brother welcoming their 4th child. Its a girl! Long name she have but we only call her Ayra. Before she came, I have more nephews than niece so she is the 4th niece I have, the 9th among all. She is also unexpected born because both my brother and sis did not plan to add another one. Look at the photo below, she is lovely!!
|Look at that smile! Cana miss you so much Ayra baby :*|
4. I started to donate my blood when I was 20 y/o. Since then I love doing it. Last year, I manage to donate my blood for the 6th times. Hoorrayy!! *give me round of applause* I always feel happy if I do that. The other reason is, I love seeing my blood flowing through the tube. The red dark colour is mesmerizing. I like to see it when the nurse or the person in charge put the needle on my hand and with one push, the blood come out. How amazing God create us with different blood type, with that kind of colour. I love blood. but hey no worries I am not a vampire okay. I don't even drink blood. I'm still normal ;p
5. 2017 and road trips are one of the best moment I have. My parent loves to go around Sabah. As you all know, Sabah is very near to Labuan. You can go by ferry then drive, or express ferry with no car, or speed boat or flight. My dad often bring me and mom to visit his friends. oh his friends are everywhere, here and there. He is quite famous among his friends which that is the main reason he loves to bring us on a road trip to the whole Sabah. I always love to enjoy the view when it comes to road trip. Relax, get my drink and snack at the back seat and enjoy the view. Well I have to admit that I sleep a lot too HAHA. Once reach at the destination, my mom would wake me up. hehehe ;p I have sooooo many photo during the road trip but I think I only pick this one below.
|You see that? That is Kinabalu Mount!|
6. The best thing when you are already earn your own money is you can spend on your parent. As for me, it would be more to my mom. Oh well, ladies and shopping are best friend right so mom is the best shopping buddy. I am really happy and proud and satisfied that I can ask my mom to choose whatever she wants and I pay for it. Well, not that much but yeah within my budget of course xp. Seeing mom happy is the best gift ever. I always feel worth it when I spend my money to all my loved ones. I wish I could be so damn rich so that I can spend my parent a vacation one day (I hope soon). Insha Allah..
7. Back in 2017 I was still working in LIS. Supposedly every year there will be staff team building activity. For 2017, the top management decided to do a treasure hunt and it is a compulsory to all staff to join (except for pregnant staff). The hunt started early in the morning at 8am until 5pm like that (I forgot what time we finish haha). I remember there are 4 members in a team. My team named....hmm I totally forgot. It was me, Amelia, Rizwan and Pak Cik Mustamin. We didn't won but it was really fun! Chasing the clue, solving the questions, looking for the hint, and it was full of laughter. Luckily I got all member that love making silly jokes and laugh out loud like crazy haha. I missed that a lot! Actually, I have all the photos but somehow I couldn't find where. Lol.
8. This one also happened while I was still working in LIS. My position was Registrar executive and my main role is to entertain new parent, visitor who came to know more about the school. From the website, I received an inquiry from an Egyptian men. It was his assistant dealing with me all the time before I officially met the men. Until the certain date, the men known as Captain Essam Shaaban came. Old men with a smiley face. Very friendly, very humble and surprisingly he look alike my dad! He got white beard just like my dad. The difference is my dad is a bit taller than him. He treated me like his own daughter from the way he speak, the way he give me advice.. I was so happy to see him and yeah, I speak a little Egyptian Arabic language with him (I love arabic so much and still learning). I show him my dad's photo and he was very surprised that they are actually look alike. Same goes to my dad. In fact, I still keep in touch with him up till now and insha Allah, we will meet again soon.
|with Captain Essam Shaaban during his visit|
9. 2017 was quite hectic for me as I was busy with work and catching up with my henna thing so finally it is the time for me to really go for a vacation (without my family) all by my own earning. The actual plan is going to Lombok, Indonesia. It was 4 of us but since the other two couldn't make it and got no chance to do so in another date that year so me and Lola decided to plan for another destination. We wanted to go to Korea but yeah the budget is still tight for us so we came up with an idea to go to Krabi, Thailand. Have you been there? The trip was in end of September. It was lovely, exquisite, amazing, adventurous and fun! I really love Krabi and been there for the first time is amazing and both of us got addicted to it and still wanting to go there again soon insha Allah. The moment I went there with my bff, I was just done with audit work. I think most of you know what audit is right? Basically my mind was really free from any unwanted substances, negativity and bad thoughts (and work!). Krabi is the best place for me to enjoy and relax. We didn't aim to go there for shopping (though we did a lot of shopping haha) instead we just want to explore the place and meet new people. I made so many acquaintance there! The most unforgettable moment was, I still being a temporary babysitter to a beautiful little girl from Singapore on the boat. So many things happened there, various places we had visited, learnt a lot about the culture, geography, lifestyle, food. Ahhh....heaven!!! A lot to talk about it you know. Maybe I should post one exclusive entry for the vacation right? I can share a lot of tips too!
|We were on the boat at Koh Phi Phi Island|
10. Later the next month on November 13th, after a long time waited my elder sister had finally deliver her 3rd child. Its a girl as she really dreamed of having for so many years after the 2nd. It was really a gift and blessing from the Lord. The baby supposedly born in middle of December but as God will, she came out early a month. The best thing is she shared the same birth date with her brother, my sister's 2nd child and their age gap is 15 years! Her given name is Azalea and we usually address her as Lea. I love that name so much while actually my sis love the name Zalia. Since we wanted to stick our young generation with A letter as the first name, I suggested my sis to make it to Azalea. Alhamdulillah she is born healthy and perfect. My sis deliver baby Lea at 42 age. The same age when my mom give birth to me and the gap between me and my 2nd brother (3rd child in the family) is 16 years, just one year different with my sister's child. Amazing right? Lucky my sis sharing the same experience with my mom. I hope I don't. Hahaha to my future husband, please do not expect that (plus I only want 2 children, thats it!). Scroll down to see Lea's adorable photo :)
|I wonder what was her dream but I love that smile!|
11. Reaching the end of November, I went to Keningau, Sabah with my best friend Nadia attending our friend's wedding, Fadyah. Earlier in July Fadyah booked me for henna after she invited me to her wedding. She provided us a homestay near to her house. We were there for 3 days 2 nights. As I am still working so I missed her reception day which was on sunday afternoon. Because of the long journey, me and Nadia have to go as early as we can to catch for the bus and ferry to Labuan. 2 nights I spent doing henna for Fad's friends and family member. I did it non stop for hours. It was really fun since all of them are so friendly and sporting, we laughed a lot. It was also my first time going to Sabah on my own without family. On Sunday, it was shockingly, a whole new experience for me as we could not get the bus ticket straight from Keningau to Menumbok. It was all sold. So we have to change our route to Kimanis and wait for another bus that are going to Menumbok. I never have experience going there by bus actually. I did before during school time but that was a long time ago and basically it was fully organised by the school but this time, we were at our own risk of life. Haha. The funny part was, once we reached Kimanis, it was raining heavily and the bus could not stop us at the bus stop so we have to run to the bus stop. I screamed and singing typical hindustan song while running in the rain all the way to the bus stop. It was crazy but fun. Then my dad was really worried and he asked us to wait for his friend to picked us up and send us to Menumbok but no longer after that a bus going to Menumbok arrived and we hopped in! Once we reach Menumbok, again we run to catch the ferry that soon leaving to Labuan. Yes, in the rain.
12. Street Art Showcase 2017. It is an event organised by Labuan Society every month. It was meant for those who are art lovers to enjoy, experience, spread and improve their skill on various art. It could be henna, portrait drawing, dance, singing..etc. It is a platform for these people who make, produce and provide art to the customer. The booth rent just cost us RM10 for each event. So far, I never skipped each event except for September because I was in Krabi. I involved with SAS event since 2016 the first SAS event ever. Then I skipped for like 2-3 months and then started back in 2017, I never miss any chance since then. It was fun and at the same time I can earn extra pocket money and improve my henna skill a lot. As for 2018, my niece continue my henna journey. So anyone of you wanted to book henna for fun, party or wedding, just dm me on my instagram or facebook or the comment below, or email. I can do the henna around peninsular Malaysia as I am now living in Sunway. Those who in Labuan, also can dm me and I will direct you to my assistant, my niece, Amira.
|If you are going to Street Art Showcase in Labuan and see this, go get your henna done!|
13. I love baby and kids. Back in Labuan, my mom is a full time babysitter 5 days in a week. Since I was still studying in Negeri Sembilan, I am used to help my mom taking care the kids at home. The service is during days only. So even after I work, I will still helping my mom once I finish my work. Every single day. I will take care of the kids once I got home from work and mom will focus on her house wife thing. You know, cooking for family, prepare that, prepare this. So I will drag those babies and kids attention to me and push away my mom to do her other task. Those kids are already like my own family. I love every single of them so much and they are all really close to me. Furthermore these kids has been at my home since they were a baby as early as 3 months old, until they are now going to school. Sometimes during school holiday or cheat lazy day they also will be station at my house with their typical excuse "I want to stay at nenek's house" duhh~~ and now, I miss them all so bad. I can't wait to be home and spend time with all of them especially with my baby niece Ayra and Lea. *insert love emoji* xp
14. Last but not least, my best moment is whenever I got the chance to spend my precious time with all my best friend as much as we could. Many of us are not really staying in Labuan. Soon, some of them are going to move too. So, every time spent with them is gold. It will never be boring but yet it would never be enough. To all my best friends, I love you guys so much. And I am tremendously happy because one of you are already married. Congratulations and apologize that I could not spend a lot more time with you guys again now because I am away from Labuan and I really hope to see all of you when I'm home. I have more than 5 bff but not all I can post the photo due to privacy reason.
|From your left; Sue, Munirah, Me, Lola and Fathin|
It is indeed a long entry this time. I spend hours to write all these, looking for pictures and select few best moments I have. In fact I have more than 14 listed above but I think all that above is enough already. You know, there are some things that you need to keep it yourself ;)
Once again, thank you for your vote. Enjoy reading my long write up and see you again on the next entry. Maybe next entry I would share about my vacation to Krabi, Thailand. hehehe insha Allah..